American Football fans will be licking their lips this weekend as the NFL is back. Yes, the new 2023/24 season gets going today (Thursday 7th Sept 23) with games on Sunday and Monday this weekend too as the race to reach Super Bowl LVIII kicks-off.
Super Bowl Champions Kansas City In NFL 2023/24 Curtain-Raiser With Detroit Lions
Back in February we saw the Kansas City Chiefs win Super Bowl LVII after beating the Philadelphia Eagles in a thrilling final that ended 38-35.
As is tradition, the Super Bowl winners from last season play in the first game back the following season, which gets going today.
It’s the Kansas City Chiefs hosting the Detroit Lions at the Arrowhead Stadium (Thurs 7th Sept) in a match up the best UK betting sites are making the Chiefs hot favourites @ 1/2 to get off to winning ways in the new 2023/24 season – with the Lions @ 19/10 for the upset.
The ‘good news’ for Chiefs fans is that the sides have met 14 times in the past and it’s Kansas that hold the bragging rights with a 9-5 series lead.
Kansas also have a top record when facing the Detroit at home – they’ve won 6 of their last 7 vs the Lions when playing in front of their own fans.
Super Bowl LVIII To Be Staged On February 11, 2024
This season’s Super Bowl will be on February 11, 2024 – and at this stage the best UK bookmakers are taking no chances on the Chiefs going all the way again – making them the 6/1 Super Bowl LVIII favourites before a touchdown has been scored.
Philadelphia, who the Eagles beat in Super Bowl LVII, are second best in the outright betting @ 15/2.
The Chiefs, who have now won three Vince Lombardi Trophies, have also reached the Super Bowl in 3 of the last 4 seasons – winning two of those.
If they can win again, The Chiefs will become the first ‘back-to-back’ Super Bowl winners since New England in 2004 and 2005 – while the Patriots are the joint-winning most Super Bowl team (with the Steelers) with 6 titles.
New England can be backed @ 66/1 with BetUK to make it seven Super Bowls, with the Pittsburgh on offer @ 50/1.
NFL ‘Week 1’ Fixtures (7th-11th Sept 2023)
- Detroit Lions @ Kansas City Chiefs Thurs 7th Sep 2023
- San Francisco 49ers @ Pittsburgh Steelers Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Commanders Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Tennessee Titans @ New Orleans Saints Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Minnesota Vikings Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Philadelphia Eagles @ New England Patriots Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Las Vegas Raiders @ Denver Broncos Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Miami Dolphins @ Los Angeles Chargers Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants Sun 10th Sep 2023
- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Mon 11th Sep 2023
Super Bowl LVIII Betting Odds For 2023/24 Season
See below the early Super Bowl LVIII betting odds ahead of the new NFL season from BetUK.
- Kansas City Chiefs 6/1
- Philadelphia Eagles 15/2
- San Francisco 49ers 9/1
- Buffalo Bills 9/1
- Cincinnati Bengals 10/1
- Dallas Cowboys 15/1
- Baltimore Ravens 18/1
- New York Jets 18/1
Note: Odds are correct as 7th Sept and subject to change, plus others on request